Cabine du Cap is a luxury, fully-serviced cabin on 175 hectares of private land in the Klein Karoo, just outside Montagu, off the famous R62 (just 2,5 hours from Cape Town), accessible by normal car.
Away from the sights and sounds of other people (besides our staff who ensure you’re comfortable at all times), the only interruptions you might have will be the wildlife playing on the surrounding plains, valleys and peaks.
Our rates include breakfast and you can expect high-quality, pure cotton linen, towels and gowns. Heating, sheep-skin slippers, ice, wood and bed turn-down service also come as standard.
Whilst fully ‘off the grid,’ our solar power allows for some all-important amenities, including:
- High-speed wi-fi (Skype / Whatsapp calls, streaming music no problem)
- Bluetooth speaker
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Full-size upright fridge
- Stove + oven
- Hot and cold running water
- Shower with large head and boosted water pressure
- Metal outdoor bath under the stars
- Swimming pool
Cabin staff are situated about 100m down a private road, ensuring 100% privacy. There are walkie-talkies setup, should you require any assistance beyond our standard services, which include:
- Unpacking your bags
- Turning down the bed
- Cleaning up and making bed each morning
- Ensuring main fireplace and boma fire are always stacked and ready to be lit
- Setting up the bar and refreshments
- Breakfast – cooked on an open fire, at the boma
The cabin sleeps two people (double bed) and has space for a baby cot (supplied). Should you wish to have an extra person or two, there is a luxury tent with a double bed, cupboard space, heating, carpeting and mosquito net. The tent is on the other side of the boma and the two dwellings living areas are private from one another. See layout on Accommodation page.
See our full photo gallery here.